PROPOSAL ON WAYS TO IMPROVE XYZ’S WEBSITE
The proposal aims to set out various ways and possibilities available in order to improve our website。
A SWOT Analysis
As a result of a SWOT analysis, the following points summarise our main findings。
· We were the first major company in one sector to set up a website
· We benefit from a very high rate of brand recognition and therefore internet users remember or find our site easily through search engines。
· Our of date: Despite being the innovators when launching our website, the information provided online is, in many cases, out of date (prices, phone numbers)
· Not user friendly. The structure of our paper is very rigid, potential customers cannot, do not have freedom of movement.
· No online purchase facility available。
B Suggestions and Recommendations
It was felt that in order to remain ahead of our competitors we should carry out some of the following improvements。
· A more user friendly website allowing the user to have more freedom. Then, surveys have shown that such facility increase sales.
· Regular update of the information and services available.
Such update will encourage our clients to consult our paper regularly and to keep them inform on any specific sale。
· Online purchase facility。
It was felt that this facility is now a must-have for every big company.
Such facility will also enable us to collect precious data which imported into our database will be a good marketing tool.
By doing so we should be able to keep our clients informed when we have sales on their favourite purchase。
· Online Newsletter
Again, the use of our database could improve significantly our customer communication – such newsletter could be produced on q quaterly basis.
· FAQ A frequent Ask Questions should be instaured
C Benefits of such improvements
Most benefits have been explained above however, we recommend strongly to carry out such improvements as soon as possible.
This might be possible either by training our in-house marketing team on website production and management or either by contracting a web designer specialist. We would like to highlight the fact that although e-mail marketing is a very powerfull tool, we must keep up to date with any legislation regarding data protection.